Monday, November 19, 2007

Blogger's Review

I've had a look at the other peoples blogs today, as with all templates, they all looked similar to the one I've setup.

It's good to see people thinking in a global perspective, have to say that i don't think getting broad band in the major cities over in the Middle East is going to be an issue, as I had a friend over there recently who had a direct fiberoptic link to the node from where he was staying. They do have problems as you move out of the cities in to the more rural areas, but that is a problem for most countries. I wish Bob all the best in his travels and success in his chosen field of work.

I then mozied on over to Lee's page, I was happy to see that by using email she was able to catch up with friends living overseas, this is an excellent example of how this technology has really shrunk the world as we know it, long gone are the days of snail mail that could take up to a week to deliver to the other side of the globe.

For Kristie's blog, I was interested to see that I'm not the only one who is finding it difficult to find time to spend on socializing on the web and i have to agree with her wholeheartedly on the whole, "I'm also not particularly keen on putting any personal stuff out there, who knows what psychos are lurking. I like privacy and I can't see how you're going to get it having conversations on the internet!". While there is a modicum of privacy available now through the use of TOR's Onion Routing and proxy servers for your browsing needs these are not 100% fool proof. The real problem is that most people don't have the amount of time needed to become not only literate in the various programming languages but also savvy to the ins and outs of the system and it's users.

I personally use the blogs of other people as a research tool when I'm looking at purchasing something in an attempt to gain as broad a perspective as possible, on both the advantages and the disadvantages of the particular products and their competitors.

No comments: